Monday 6 April 2015

Evaluation Question 4 Answer Part 3

I have asked a male member of my target audience to look at my work and answer my questionnaire. His answers are below as he would not agree to be in a video.


 
1. How old are you?
19





2. Would the cover of this magazine attract you? Would this make you want to buy the magazine?
This cover would attract me.
 
3. Why?

I like the photograph of the attractive female used and she seems like an artist I would potentially listen to. This would make me inclined to buy the magazine.
 
4. Do you like the name of the magazine and the font of the name on the cover?
The name RIOT is very powerful and grabs the readers attention. I like it in the font it is in as it doesn't seem too messy on the cover. Everything does not look a mess and everything else on the cover can stand out instead of using a font that would be more out there.
 
5. Do you think the artist of the front cover relates to the target audience/you?

I believe the artist relates to the target audience as she looks as if she is within the same age group as us. I feel like girls would want to be her and boys would want her.


6. Do the bands/storylines on the cover appeal to you?I listen to a lot of the bands that are written on the cover and this would make me buy the magazine. The arctic monkeys poster advertised as free in the bottom would also grab my attention and make me buy this issue.



7. Does the contents page make it easy to find things in the magazine?The contents page definitely makes it easy to find things within the magazine. The band index labels the page numbers that the bands are featured on and therefore helps a lot.



8. Is the contents page detailed enough?The contents has a lot of interesting stories and interviews that I would enjoy and it isn't too crowded compared to other magazines I read.



9. Do you think my three pages follow a running house style/theme throughout?There is definitely a theme running through the magazine as two of the pages are heavily blue and have hints of red, which is the main colour used in the article.



10. Are the photos used in the magazine appropriate to the style/genre(alternative/indie)/stories?The photos used relate to the story used in the article and I think the artist suits this genre. the clothing and makeup she is wearing makes her seem more alternative, which is exactly what the genre is. On the contents, there are photos of bands which have been photographed live. These link with the genre as they are all bands which fit into the genre of indie/alternative and also go with the story of biggest bands of the year and also tours that sold out in less than an hour.


11. Which page of the magazine is your favourite?My favourite page of the magazine is the cover.

12. Why do you like this page the most?The photo used would make me buy this magazine and it is the first thing everyone will see. I like the fonts used and also the colour as it addresses the partial audience of males well.


13. Which page of the magazine is your least favourite?

The contents page is my least favourite.
 

14. Why?I like the link between the cover and article as the main story is advertised on the cover. This is the main reason people will buy the magazine.



15. Can you suggest any improvements that could be made on this page in particular?

The colours could be less harsh and a bit brighter. However this would need to be done on the cover also as there is a running house-style.

16. Can you suggest any improvements that could be made throughout the whole of my magazine?
Other than the colours being less harsh, there is nothing else I think I would change in this magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment